Before you get to know everything about Sacral Chakra Meditation, its power, stones, healing properties, or meditation, first ask these questions from below to yourself.
Do you feel a lack of creativeness in your thoughts, your work? Do you feel overly obsessed with sexual desires, physical attraction, or the complete opposite? Do you feel emotionally struggled and not be able to manage relationships, your feelings? Do you feel your desire never gives you a sense of pleasure or completeness even if it’s fulfilled?
You have come to the right place to find your answer then! I have been finding all the answers for a long time and Voilà! The root cause of all these answers is The Sacral Chakra! Yes, The Sacral Chakra governs all these qualities which are associated with your sense of pleasure and your creativity.
Sacral chakra blockage leads to loss of creativity, positivity, feeling of joy/attachment/intimacy.
Let’s dive into how sacral chakra can be opened and restored to your creativity. Balancing this chakra will help you to connect with others more importantly with your partner. This chakra is all about how you feel.
Now, before proceeding with how can you balance sacral chakra let get familiar with it.
What is the sacral chakra?
This is the Second chakra in your body. The Sacral Chakra is known as “swadisthana” in Sanskrit. It is located below your belly in the pelvis area of your body. The Sacral Chakra is associated with pleasure and creativity. This chakra governs your emotions, creativity, sensitivity, sexuality, intimacy, emotional well-being, and self-expression. It plays a major role in your creativity and the expression of your sensual and sexual desires. As The Sacral Chakra is associated with sexual sensation and its desire, it often called “The Sex Chakra”.
The Sacral Chakra radiates an Orange color. The Orange Colour represents joy, warmth, enthusiasm, creativity, success, encouragement, determination, health, stimulation, happiness, fun, enjoyment, balance, sexuality, freedom, expression, and fascination
The Element for Sacral Chakra is Water. Water itself represents the origin of life thus Sacral Chakra is also known as “The Creation Chakra”.
The Mantra for Sacral Chakra is chanting the word “VAM”. Vibrations created during chanting VAM in your body helps in opening of Sacral chakra, activating, and aligning with other chakras as well as with the body
Sacral Chakra governs the sexual organs, spleens, kidneys, womb, lower vertebrae, pelvis, hips, bladder, intestines, adrenal glands, etc. in the body. Blockage in the chakra leads to an imbalance in these body organs.
Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Sunstone, etc. are the Gemstones that help you to balance and activate Sacral Chakra. Apart from these Amber, Brecciated Jasper, Bronzite, Copper, Orange Chalcedony, Citrine, Goldstone, Orange Aventurine, Orange Calcite, Orange Coral, Orange Jasper, Orange Sunstone, Rutilated Quartz, Tiger Eye, and Topaz also useful for this Chakra. These are wildly popular as The Sacral Chakra Stones.
Flowers like ylang-ylang, jasmine, cardamom which have aphrodisiac petals are used to stimulate Sacral Chakra. Essentials oils of Cardamom, Clary Sage, Neroli, Sweet Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Yang Ylang, etc are used to stimulate, balance, and active Sacral Chakra.
Why does the Sacral Chakra get Blocked or Unbalanced?
Before balancing Sacral Chakra you need to understand why your chakra is blocked in the first place. Six petals of Chakra represent Six particular qualities and the lack of these qualities results in blocking each petal.
Sacral Chakra is all about “You Feel”. And how you feel is all depend on yourself. One thing makes you happy and another makes you angry only because of your perception. You let other factors drive your feelings. And when negativity overcomes you, your sacral chakra gets blocked.
These are the reasons that make you feel bad, weak, or negative about yourself:
- When you did not live up to your expectation and start losing confidence or blaming yourself.
- When you feel you are not accepted as you are by others or your partner.
- When you constantly insulted, bullied, compared with other people, and rejected for who you are.
- When you are not able to protect or defend yourself in some situation or when someone starts invading your privacy, your own personal space, when someone takes advantage of you, you start doubting yourself or starts feeling weak.
- When you become dependent on someone emotionally, financially, etc you start to lose your own self-esteem.
- When you find, relationships stops giving you pleasure or relationships gave you unforgettable pain.
- When you start isolating yourself from everybody, spending time alone
- When you stop believing in relationships, in peoples
- When you stop believing and trusting yourself
- When you build boundaries around you and push everyone away from yourself.
- When we restrict ourselves within our own limits and we go against our natural Desires.
These reasons make us feel shame, weak, self-doubting, losing our self-esteem, isolated from being social causes chakras to be blocked.
Signs of Blocked Sacral Chakra :
- Chronic low back pain
- Ovarian cysts and other reproductive issues
- Urinary tract infections
- Pain during intercourse
- Complications with the bladder and kidneys
- Other pelvic–lower abdominal issues
- Sexual dysfunction including fertility issues
- Fear of Pleasure
- Lack of Creativity
- Feel Fatigued
- Lack of Desire
- Not Authentic to Yourself
How to unblock Sacral Chakra?
In order to open & active sacral chakra, you need to accept yourself first. Sacral Chakra starts to balance, active and open as soon as you stop cursing yourself and start accepting who you are.
As soon as you stop become dependent on others, you start feeling more confident results in the balance of sacral chakra.
When you stop blaming and stops doubting yourself, you start to find another way to achieve your goal/expectation rather than wasting time. As you start working, you become more creative, more energetic, and positive which is the most right fuel to open sacral chakra.
As you accept yourself for what you are, you become independent and confident.
When you gain confidence, naturally you don’t feel shame or hesitation while being socializing with others. Socializing with people strengthens your relationships.
How to heal Sacral Chakra?
Other than internal acceptance there are other practices for Sacral Chakra healing such as :
Sacral Chakra Meditation :
- Sit with your shoulders back and spine straight. Relax your muscles and body. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Inhale through your nose and exhale through the mouth.
- Focus your attention on the sacral chakra location, a few inches below your navel on the pelvis area.
- Imagine an orange color glowing below your navel. With each deep breath, starts visualizing the orange color slowly expanding to the pelvic region and making the whole area warm and relaxed.
- Rest in this sensation for a couple of minutes.
- Keep Visualizing the Orange glow and breathing for 5 minutes.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations:
- I am grateful to my body which empowers me.
- I am thankful and joyful to be me.
- I accept, embrace, and celebrate my body.
- I honor my natural sexuality.
- I open myself up for creativity and passion to flow through me.
- I feel my emotions and my pain.
- I reawaken my passion.
- I surrender to this moment.
Sacral chakra stones:
Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Sunstone, etc. are the Gemstones that help in sacral chakra healing. Place these stones near the sacral chakra location while meditation. You can use other sacral chakra crystals to balance chakras such as Amber, Brecciated Jasper, Bronzite, Copper, Orange Chalcedony, Citrine, Goldstone, Orange Aventurine, Orange Calcite, Orange Coral, Orange Jasper, Orange Sunstone, Rutilated Quartz, Tiger Eye, and Topaz, etc. These Sacral Chakra Stones are very effective in Sacral Chakra healing.
Essential Oils :
Essentials oils of Cardamom, Clary Sage, Neroli, Sweet Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Yang Ylang, etc are the best way to stimulate and heal sacral chakra.
Get in touch with The Sacral Chakra Element:
As water is the element of Sacral Chakra, you should be in touch with water often. Water nourishes your body as well as provides all the necessary energy for Sacral Chakra. Take a swim or rest your body in a bathtub for a while. Adding essential oil to it will be very effective.
Be Creative, go beyond limits:
Do some creative work. Take time for your passion and tune in with it. Don’t stick in the same routine, go in touch with nature. Push yourself beyond your boundaries.
Get in touch with people. Go out of your comfort zone and meet new people. Make new friends, talk to them.
Exercise and Yoga:
Do some Hip opening exercise to stimulate and open Sacral Chakra. Here are some simple Yoga Asanas that will balance sacral chakra-
- Baddha Konasana
- Ushas Mudra
Sacral Chakra Mantra:
Chant the “VAM” mantra daily to balance your chakra while meditating.
Sacral Chakra foods:
Eating foods like Nuts, seeds, sweet potato, carrots, melons, mangos, pumpkin, orange citrus fruits, butternut squash, fermented foods, and any other orange-colored foods, etc. helps you to open chakra naturally.
Following these practices daily will open, active, nourish and balance your Sacral Chakra.
Why do you need to open Sacral Chakra? What does it feel like when your sacral chakra opens?
This Chakra governs our capacity to move out of Survival towards pleasure especially interpersonal pleasure and personal purpose. When this chakra opens and balances, Life seems to be very joyful. Your life becomes so pleasant, beautiful that you start to realize you need nothing to satisfy yourself. You start enjoying little things without overdoing them. You, yourself becomes the Joy itself.
Lessons of Sacral Chakra:
- It teaches you to honor yourself the way you are.
- You should honor yourself for what you are and also for what you are not
- You don’t need to be like others.
It is you, who gives control of your life, your privacy to other people. And it is you who have to fight for it, to take control back in your hand. It’s you who have to stop blaming, stop doubting yourself, and feeling weak. You have to face every situation, fight every battle. You have to protect your Identity. It is ok not to be perfect. Do things that give you a sense of belonging, attachment with something. Be creative with your own identity. You are Unique in your own way. If you stand up for yourself, if you respect yourself only then the universe will stand for you.